One of the foremost web application development technologies in vogue today is ASP.NET. While, the developer community for ASP.NET is large and increasing in number by the day, there are some aspects of the technology that might still need some light to be shed upon for a newbie offshore software development company offering ASP.NET development services. One such aspect is Model Binding in ASP.NET WebForms.
Let us first understand what model binding is. This process allows the binding of a value submitted by the client to a server model so that the model can undergo inspection and processing at the server side for checking validation rules. Traditionally, WebForms employs data binding through Data Bound and Data Source controls. It is a widely preferred method due to easy application deployment, but has its disadvantages for developers opting for validation using Data Annotations, PRG pattern, Repository patters, and neater page code.
Building modern WebForm applications is easy due to Model Binding because of the following reasons:
- A richer array of controls that support Model Binding including data bound controls, such as GridView and ListView
- Validation using Data Annotation attributes. Validation errors can be easily relayed from business layer to the UI. Model-level validation errors can be integrated during the database save operation.
- Easy addition of Data Annotation validation and client-end validation. Data Annotations and Field Templates can be effectively used to personalize and customize the columns in the UI.
- Easy adoption of patterns like app layer unit testing, PRG and repository pattern, and simpler and neater method code
- Wide extensibility of the Model Binding system with support for binding of complex types and ad-hoc Model Binding
- It also supports user addition of custom binders and value providers
Model Binding helps bridge the gap between WebForms and MVC-based ASP.NET development. It helps developers easily acclimatize with code-based data access logic and retains the advantages of a two-way data-binding framework. We are an offshore software development company that is keen to adopt such beneficial advancements into our ASP.NET development services. We possess equal expertise in the VB.NET, C#.NET and ASP.NET development arenas. You can hire .NET developer from among our team of highly-talented and skilled professionals to ensure that your ASP.NET-based web application is conceived within time-frames and functions just the way you want.